Designer Look for Less: Michael Kors
🙌I am sooo ecstatic about this week's DIY garment.🙌 I really can't wait to share it with you all. This week, I am collaborated with @shun.davis. For the past month, we have been working long and hard behindthescenes on our favorite look from the beautiful Lupita Nyongo.
The reason I chose this look is because it has three of my favorite things that I look for when it comes to my style. It has texture, it's a bold color, and it's different. It also helps that this skirt looks amazing on the gram.
This designer skirt was designed by Michael Kors and you can imagine that the retail price on this skirt is several hundred dollars. When you can recreate a high dollar garment into something extremely affordable.
Tke the time to challenge your creativity. You never know what you are capable of until you try. 💛 You are capable of creating what ever you want. Creative minds are fearless!💪 I hope that we inspired you to create your favorite celebrity inspired look.
Create this dreamy floral skirt using my circle skirt tutorial on my youtube channel. The top was created using New Look 6491.
Here are the instructions on how I created the textile that I used to make this skirt:
1. Cut your tulle in shape of a circle skirt. (Check out my circle skirt youtube tutorial)
2. Hot glue each individual flower onto the tulle.
3. Once the tulle is covered in flowers, sew the front and back of the skirt together down one side seam.
4. Attach the waist band.
5. Install a zipper similar to the color of the flowers.
6. Stitch together side seam.
7. Hot glue flowers around zipper to camouflage. .
For more photos and an extremely helpful tip to create this textile, be sure to follow me on instagram.