TShirt Refashion: Peplum
Happy 4th of July friends. 🎆
What would I wear on Independence Day? My favorite color of course....Black! Are you surprised? LOL!
This is a top I made a few months ago and I love it so much. I created a pictorial (picture tutorial) on Instagram so if you want to see step by step pictures, check out the pictorial there And while you are there, be sure to follow me. Here are the the step-by-steps:
- Take your t-shirt and cut it in half where your belly button would normally hit.
- Cut strips of fabric for your peplum and ruffle. The width of the peplum fabric should be 6 inches and the width of your ruffle should be 5 inches. The length of both is determined by the circumference of the bottom of your t-shirt. Whatever that measurement is, multiply by two.
- Take you peplum fabric and sew it together. You should have a circle. Using your sewing machine, sew a gathering stitch at the top of this piece and gather. Attach to the bottom of your t-shirt.
- For the ruffle, fold it in half the long way and stitch all the way down.
- Turn your ruffle right side out
- Place the seam in the center and press your ruffle flat. Sew a gathering stitch down the center of your ruffle.
- Gather your ruffle. Starting at the side seam of your shirt, attach the ruffle to the top portion or your peplum.
I would love to know if you recreated this top. If so, share a photo and tag me!