Sewing Studio Makeover + DIY Decor + Giveaway
So for a month and half, I have been working long and hard behind the scenes making over a room in my home. It took me a minute to decide what I wanted this particular room to be but eventually I figured it out. So...you all know that for a while, I've had a sewing closet. I've always dreamt of having a sewing studio so I felt that this was my chance to go for it. So I wanted to describe my style very briefly so that you are able to understand the direction I was going in:
- "Cheap but Chic"- I wanted my room to portray an expensive look and feel, without the high price tag.
- Minimal- I wanted the room to have a clean feel with a simple color palette.
- Inspirational- I wanted to feel inspired in every direction I looked whether through words, pictures, or colors.
Here I provided a few BEFORE shots of my space:
In order to eliminate the high price tag, I shopped around my house for stuff I can incorporate into my space and of course the room would not be me if it did not have DIY projects. Below are a few pictures of DIY projects that I created. I made my own curtains, wall art, painted my frames, faux metal knick knacks, painted my vases, inspiration board, shelving units, book covers and pillows. You probably want to know how I did all of this right? Well, you are in luck! I show you how in the video I provided at the end of this blog post. But first, here are the "AFTER" photos of my brand new sewing studio.
This couch/ futon was kindly provided to me by DHP Furniture Check out their website HERE Check out their Pinterest board for inspiring home decor ideas HERE Purchase this and/ or several other inexpensive pieces for your home HERE
REVIEW Modern, sleek, clean look and feel Easy to put together (approx.. 20 min) Futon was extremely easy to lay back and return upright Expensive look without the high price tag I wished it came with a matching ottoman w/ storage
GIVEAWAY TIME (CLOSED!)
DHP Furniture was kind enough to send me the couch/ futon to review and add into my decor. And guess what? DHP Furniture wanted you to have one as well!!! So the rules for this giveaway are as follows:
- SHARE this picture on Social Media and use the following hashtags #cbcmaygiveaway #dhpfurniture
- You can enter as many times as you want. Giveaway ends May 28th.
- Good Luck!Use this Rafflecopter App to make sure you are officially entered into the giveaway. This app is also located on my Facebook page. a Rafflecopter giveaway
So in this video, I provide you with a tour and all of the DIY's that I created for my Sewing Studio. Thumbs up if you enjoyed!
Special thanks to DHP Furniture for sponsoring this post and for giving me the challenge to makeover a room in my home. I really enjoyed the challenge.